Four Effective Ways To Improve The World
Worried about the urgent challenges facing our world?
Not sure how to tackle them?
Ready to branch out from clicktivism?
Join us at EAGxAustralia 2019!
Effective Altruism asks not only what we should do in the face of uncertainty, but how we should decide what to prioritise in a world with incredible injustice calling for urgent action.
Join over 300 change-makers for our keynote event with some of the most exciting speakers at this year’s EAGxAustralia conference.
Our expert panel of global thinkers will each pitch a promising way to do good. And ask questions such as:
- What should we do with our lives to do the most good?
- Should we just give money to those in need?
- How can we optimise mental health interventions?
- How important is preventing nuclear war?
- How will AI shape the future, and what can governments do about it?
- Julia Wise: The Centre for Effective Altruism
- Michael Faye: Founder of GiveDirectly
- Michael Plant: Founder of Happier Lives Institute
- Tilman Ruff: Nobel Laureate, Monash University
- Jade Leung: Future of Humanity Institute, Oxford University
Enjoy a scrumptious dinner (catered by Super Bean, plant-based) and mingle with like-minded people.
Menu: Tofu Butter Chicken, Panang Curry, Peanut Stir-Fry.
7pm: Keynote – “Four Effective Ways to Improve the World”
Talks by global experts, followed by Q&A
9pm: Drinks + Chats
Join us at The Royal Hotel Redfern for some refreshments and some spirited discussion!
Tickets are $20 or included free with the full weekend conference ticket.
We can’t wait to meet you!