Conference Logistics Guide
The conference will be held at the Arts West Building at the University of Melbourne. We recommend using the east entrance off Professors Walk. We will be using the basement, ground floor, and levels 1-3. There will be no conference events on any higher levels. You can view a map of the venue here.
The easiest way to get to campus is via the trams on Elizabeth Street or Swanston Street. More information can be found here.
EAGxAustralia 2023 runs from 22nd-24th September 2023. The conference consists of an evening event on Friday night and sessions which run all day on Saturday and Sunday.
- Friday: door open by 5:30pm for event starts at 6:00pm sharp. The formal event concludes at 7:35, followed by refreshments until 9pm.
- Saturday: check-in begins at 9:00am, and sessions run from 9:30am to 5:30pm.
- Sunday: sessions run from 10:00am to 5:30pm.
- Each day there will be off site dinners and other social events after the main event (cost not included), with full details to be confirmed.
A detailed timetable of events can be found here. Note that this is subject to change prior to the start of the conference.
Post Event Social Dinners:
Friday: Mum Mum, 67 Flemington Road, North Melbourne, 8PM Onwards
Saturday: Bobbie Peels, 351 Queensberry St, North Melbourne, 6PM Onwards
Sunday: Bobbie Peels, 351 Queensberry St, North Melbourne, 6PM Onwards
Upon arriving at the venue please visit the registration desk (ground floor) to sign in and collect your lanyard, which you should wear throughout the conference. The desk will be manned throughout the conference, and is also the place where you can ask questions, inquire about lost property, and collect stickers and other conference merchandise.
At the conference we will be using a mobile app called Swapcard. You can use the app to see the schedule, register for sessions, book times to chat with other attendees, and submit questions for speakers. You should receive an invitation to our Swapcard event following registration. Please email us if you have not received this. See here for a short video tutorial on how to use Swapcard. If you need help with the app during the conference, please ask our friendly volunteers at reception.
To connect to the free Wifi network use the following details:
Network Name: Visitor
All food served at the event will be vegan. If you have additional dietary requirements, please ensure you have communicated those to us either via the registration form or by sending us an email. All food will be served in the atrium. All items will be clearly labeled for ingredients and allergens.
We will be serving fruit and baked goods during morning and afternoon tea, and rolls and sandwiches during lunch. In addition, non-perishable snacks and tea and coffee will be provided throughout the day. Water is available on all floors from sinks or drinking fountains. We recommend bringing a refillable water bottle.
Our volunteer team throughout the conference will be wearing coloured EAGxAustralia 2023 tshirts. If you have any questions or concerns don’t hesitate to raise them in person with one of the team. In the lead-up to the conference you can get in touch by sending an email to email@example.com.
Although the most severe stage of the COVID-19 pandemic has passed, the virus continues to circulate in the community. To reduce these risks, we kindly request everyone adhere to the following guidelines.
- We ask that anyone who is feeling sick or exhibiting symptoms of respiratory illness to not attend the conference. If you become unwell while at the conference, please let us know. We will refund any part of the conference missed because of illness.
- Overcrowding increases the risk of COVID-19 transmission and also makes quality conversations more difficult. As such, we kindly request your cooperation if our friendly ushers ask you to move out of a crowded area or spread out to better utilise the available space.
- Masks and RATs will be freely available at reception.
- Hand sanitiser will be available in every major room and wherever food is provided.
Health and Safety
Everyone at the conference should always act respectfully towards others. Harassment of any form will not be tolerated. If you experience or observe any unacceptable behaviour, please get in touch with our community health contact Philippa Evans. For further details please consult our Conference Code of Conduct.
Community Health Number: 0456 492 898 (text or call this number for an immediate response)
Community Health Contacts: Philippa Evans, Keyur Doolabh and Clare Harris (reach out to any of them on Slack or Swapcard if you don’t need to hear back immediately)
Remember to take care of yourself – meeting new people and attending talks can be exhausting! If you need a break, a silent working room and a nap room are available for use at any time on level 3.
In case of emergency, call 000 for fire, police, or ambulance. They should be directed to the Arts West building, University of Melbourne, Parkville Campus.