Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Applications are now closed.
Prices in Australian dollars (AUD) are:
- Concession: $75
- Standard: $150
- Benefactor: $300
When & where
Friday the 22nd of September until Sunday the 24th of September; the University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia.
EAGxAustralia is intended for both individuals new to the movement and those already engaged with EA, and will cover a diverse range of high-impact cause areas. We believe the conference will be of particular value to those currently exploring new ways they can have an impact, such as: students, young professionals, people interested in starting impactful projects, and mid-career professionals looking to shift into EA-aligned work. We also invite established organisations looking to share their work and grow their pool of potential collaborators or hirees.
- Familiarity with the core ideas of effective altruism.
- Interest in applying EA philosophy in your life.
- Currently located in Australia or the broader Oceania region.
Preparing to apply
- Engage with your local EA group or the international EA community.
- Read through the Introduction to Effective Altruism Handbook.
- Engage with EA content such as podcasts, books, and the forum.
- Take a giving pledge such as the Giving What We Can or One For The World.
More detailed information on the agenda, speakers, and content will be available closer to the conference via Swapcard and updates to this webpage.
Funding is available to support travel to the conference for those that would not be able to attend otherwise. The maximum support available depends on your location, with more available for greater distances within Australia and New Zealand.